Monday, March 5, 2012

Remember that mini update?

Well, I meant to post it day before yesterday. I wrote it out and set it up to post, but wanted to edit it on the pc to put the pictures where i wanted them. But I ended up not getting around to it until today, when I have actual news, so now you get 2 posts in one day!

We went to Caleb's 9 month check up appt, and got some news we weren't expecting. During her exam of him, she noticed that his plates on the top of his skull where his soft spot should be were overlapping. She said she thinks that they are closing prematurely, and has referred us to a pediatric neurosurgeon. If he agrees that he believes they are closing prematurely, then they will do a CT scan to get a final diagnosis. If indeed the CT scan comes back saying that they are closing, then he will be scheduled for brain surgery shortly after his first birthday in June.
Why can't my kids be like normal kids and just get colds and stuff? Why do they have to have the serious & rare things that most parents don't ever have to worry about? On the bright side, I'm a nervous cleaner, meaning that when im nervous, upset, mad, ect i clean. So my house will be spotless for the next 3 months.
Other than that Caleb is growing like a weed, he is 19 lbs and some change, and 29 1/4 inches long. He started crawling today! like real crawling, not army crawling!! I guess its time to put up the baby gates again.

No comments:

Post a Comment