Saturday, July 9, 2011

Houston we have a potty pooper!

So I completely forgot to blog about this the other day. On Tuesday, or maybe it was Wednesday i can't quite remember, Ty was playing with some cars in the kitchen as i was doing dishes, and he ended up pooping in the kitchen floor. YUCK. well since then he had been waiting to come out of his room in the morning until he pooped since he still had a diaper on. Well today he either didn't wait, or just simply didn't have to go. But just a few minutes ago, he was sitting on the couch and ran to the potty and pooped in the potty!!! He was so proud of himself! Paul and I are extremely proud of him as well! We have been working at potty training less than a week, and he's basically potty trained with the exception of nap and bed times when he still wears a diaper 'just in case'. We plan to do or get something for him to show him how proud we are of him this weekend.

Yesterday I had to go into work for a staff meeting so my grandma watched Ty, and I went ahead and took Caleb with me in the moby wrap, because i knew he would sleep the entire time. The new schedule came out for next week and had a few open shifts, so i picked up one next Friday. My official release date from the Dr. won't be until Aug 4th, but I'm going to pick up a few shifts here and there in-between so I can have a little extra spending money :) Now the real question is, when i go back to work 'officially' do I go back and continue at my current job which is pretty family friendly and flexible with that type of stuff, or do I go work as an EMT and use my schooling, get paid more, but have less flexibility in my scheduling? There's defiantly pro's and con's to both, but i guess i just need to sit down and make a list.

No comments:

Post a Comment